New York nurses end strike with tentative deals reached - New York News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
Nurses won enforceable safe staffing ratios at both Montefiore Bronx and Mount Sinai Hospital where nurses went on strike for patient care, NYSNA was quoted as saying by Xinhua news agency.
"We are pleased that the Mount Sinai Hospital reached a tentative agreement with NYSNA and the strike is over," said a notice on the website of the Mount Sinai Health System.
Around 7,000 nurses from the two hospitals went on strike from Monday to Wednesday calling for more nurses and enforcement of safe staffing requirements.
Nurses at Wyckoff hospital also reached a tentative deal in the night and withdrew their 10-day strike notice, said NYSNA.
Moreover, Mount Sinai Morningside and Mount Sinai West reached a tentative agreement with the state nursing union on a new contract on Sunday with a strike avoided.
January 13, 2023 Other New York
- Slight downtick Crossword Clue NYT
- Most-spoken language in Iran Crossword Clue NYT
- Take in a rescue pet Crossword Clue NYT
- Jennifer Coolidges Emmy-winning role on The White Lotus Crossword Clue NYT
- Optometrists study Crossword Clue NYT
- Device used for aerial videography Crossword Clue NYT
- Observation game played in a car Crossword Clue NYT
- Gyro bread Crossword Clue NYT
- Kismet Crossword Clue NYT
- Page-___ calendar Crossword Clue NYT
- Sikhs call for probe after N Carolina gurdwara vandalised
- Asif Ali Zardari sends Rs 10 bn legal notice to Imran Khan
- Phoebe Dynevor exits 'Bridgerton' season 3
- UAE Prez's Islamabad visit cancelled due to bad weather
- Imran to contest all 33 seats of National Assembly
- TTP claims responsibility for Peshawar mosque attack, toll rises to 32 (4th Ld)
- 28 killed, 150 injured in blast at Peshawar mosque (3rd Ld)
- 8 people shot dead at birthday party in S.Africa
- 19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr
- Laos Parliament approves cabinet reshuffle