Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Feb 13, 2023
The police said that Gokul along with his friend had reached near the court complex after the court issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against him for not appearing before the court after he had come out on bail in the murder case of Sriram.
Gokul's friend Manoj was with him when the four-member gang approached them. Onlookers told the police that one of the gang members hacked Gokul who got a cut on his neck and died on the spot.
Manoj who hails from Sadasivapuram in Coimbatore tried to stop the gang which injured him also. He has been admitted to Coimbatore government medical college with injuries on his head.
The four-member gang walked away through the busy State Bank road where both the Commissionerate of police and the district collector's office are situated.
The Coimbatore City police commissioner has constituted five teams of police to arrest the culprits.
- Go Airline has history of missing its financial obligations: Pratt & Whitney
- SC collegium brushes aside IB's objection, recommends Parsi lawyer as judge for Bombay HC
- 'Anurag Thakur tried to suppress the matter', alleges Vinesh Phogat amid protest
- Kerala's rogue elephant trouble far from over as radio collar fails
- Mainly cloudy weather with rain predicted in J&K
- Tibetan medical practitioners condemn 'false' reports against Dalai Lama
- Delhi Police raids 20 locations in Delhi, Haryana
- UP Police teams set up to arrest SHUATS officials
- Seven held in Punjab for cheating GMADA
- Delhi excise policy case: ED to grill Vijay Nair, Dinesh Arora