Youth disappears after writing 'death note'; Woman PSI booked in K'taka - Raichur News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The police have lodged an FIR against PSI Geethanjali Shinde, attached to Siriwara police station in Raichur district of Karnataka.
Tayanna Nelogal, a resident of Siriwara town, had disappeared after alleging that he is being tortured by PSI Geethanjali for no reason.
He had alleged that for the last two to three months he was called to the police station without any reason and tortured. A complaint was registered against him in connection with reaping the paddy crop at his relatives' farm, the police said.
He had alleged that he was made to sit in the lockup without any reason. He said that he felt humiliated after this development and he has decided to end his life.
Tayanna's brother Basavalinga lodged a complaint in this regard, following which an FIR was lodged against the woman PSI. Further investigation is on.
- Assam plans grand Bihu festival for Guinness record, PM Modi to attend
- New cases declining, can achieve target of Leprosy Mukt Bharat by 2027: Mandaviya
- India's first glass igloo restaurant come up in J&K's Gulmarg
- Last rites of Odisha minister, shot dead by a cop, performed
- Plane carrying Andhra Pradesh CM makes emergency landing
- MP minister Narottam Mishra plays anchor role in bringing back Katni mayor to BJP
- Meet Kashmir's self-taught artist whose Insta page of artworks is a hit
- Taaraka Ratna continues to be in critical state at B'luru hospital
- Prime Minister urges UNGA President on Security Council reforms
- Goa minister condemns Amit Shah's statement on Mhadei