Yoon's approval rating above 40% after 5 months: Poll - Seoul News
by IANS | Updated Dec 08, 2022
Positive assessment of Yoon's performance jumped 9.1 percentage points from the previous survey conducted from November 21-22, while negative assessment fell 9.7 percentage points to 56.7 per cent in the same period, reports Yonhap News Agency.
The poll was conducted on 1,000 people aged 18 or older nationwide between Monday and Tuesday this week by pollster Gongjung.
It marked the first time in five months that Yoon's approval rating exceeded 40 per cent.
His approval rating came in at 42.7 per cent in the Gongjung poll conducted from July 4-5.
Yoon's approval rating rose in all age groups and in all regions with the exception of the southeastern areas like Busan, Ulsan and South Gyeongsang province, according to the pollster.
Seo Yo-han, head of Gongjung, attributed the steady rise to Yoon's stern handling of a nationwide walkout of truckers.
"The main cause seems to be dealing with the truckers' walkout in accordance with law and principle," Seo said.
"Increased approval ratings in the Chungcheong region and those in their 20s and 60s drove the approval rating higher."
- Covid-19 still int'l health emergency: WHO
- Palestinian killed by Israeli soldiers in southern West Bank: Medics
- Iran summons Ukraine's envoy over presidential aide's tweet about Isfahan drone attack
- Israeli citizen arrested after crossing into Lebanon
- Egyptian Prez, US state secretary discuss Israeli-Palestinian tensions
- 331 migrants rescued off Libyan coast in past week: IOM
- Croatian Prez criticises NATO chief's visit to S. Korea, Japan
- Turkey may evaluate NATO applications of Finland, Sweden separately: FM
- Hungary reports strong tourism rebound in 2022
- Police targeted in Peshawar mosque attack; toll mounts to 47