Womens Equality Day 2022, Check Out Womens Equality Quotes, Wishes, History And more
by Janani Durga Perumal | Updated Aug 27, 2022
Women’s Equality Day 2022
Women's Equality Day is celebrated in the United States on 26th August to remember the 1920 adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which forbids the states and the federal government from contradicting the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex.
History Of Women’s Equality Day 2022
Women's Equality Day 2022 is celebrated to denote women’s empowerment, is celebrated on Friday, 26 August 2022. Women's Equality Day came into existence for the first time in 1973. It is a remembrance of the day, when the United States gave women the right to vote on 26th August 1920. The American constitution took the nineteenth amendment which banned the State from denying the right to vote to its citizens, as per gender.
Women's Equality Day Wishes
Here are some of the wishes of the Women's Equality Day
1. I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something great in another life. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
2. Lucky are those who are blessed with a feminine presence in their lives. Feel proud to be a woman. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
3. If you can fly up to the sky, I can go even higher. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
4. A woman can be anyone she wants as long as she decides to never fear anyone. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
5. This world cannot survive without the involvement of women. Till doomsday, continue the fight for equality. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
6. The important thing to remember is to not compete in a battle of genders but to obtain equilibrium. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
7. Lucky are those who have a woman’s lead to follow. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
Women’s Equality Day Quotes
Here are some of the quotes from Women’s Equality Day.
1."There's something so special about a woman who dominates in a man's world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer." - Rihanna
2. "I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own." - Audre Lorde
3. "We must reject not only the stereotypes that others hold of us but also the stereotypes that we hold of ourselves." - Shirley Chisholm
4. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent." - Madeleine Albright
5. "We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back." - Malala Yousafzai
6. "It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals." - Emma Watson
Women’s Equality Day 2022: Theme
Women’s Equality Day 2022 will be celebrated on the 26th of August. It is celebrated based on themes every year. Women’s Equality Day 2022 is celebrated with the theme “Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow”.
Women's Equality Day Slogans
Here are some of the best slogans for Women's Equality Day.
1. "My own definition is a feminist is a man or a woman who says, yes, there’s a problem with gender as it is today and we must fix it, we must do better. All of us, women and men, must do better." —Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." —Eleanor Roosevelt
3. "The test for whether or not you can hold a job should not be the arrangement of your chromosomes." —Bella Abzug
4. When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous."―Michelle Obama
5. “Making it through the ceiling to the other side was simply a matter of running on a path created by every other woman’s footprints."—Shonda Rhimes
6. "Women belong in all places where decisions are being made… It shouldn’t be that women are the exception." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Women's Equality Day In India
Women's Equality Day in India is celebrated to make awareness about the rights of women. In the 19th century, women from America expressed their voices against their infringed political rights. In those days, low wages were there for women in almost all kinds of jobs, which was a common issue.
Women's Equality Day Image
Image source - Twitter
Womens Equality Day 2022 - FAQs
International Women's Day is celebrated on 8th March every year.
World Water Day is celebrated on 22nd March.
World Environment Day is celebrated on 5th June every year.
International Women's Equality Day is celebrated on 26th August every year.
Teacher's Day in India is celebrated on 5th September .
- System Requirements
- Optical Illusion
- Crossword Clue
- Net Worth
- Brain Teaser