Woman, son die after under-construction metro pillars collapses in B'luru - Bengaluru News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
The accident happened when the family on a scooty was passing through the site of Metro construction near HBR Layout on Tuesday.
The deceased have been identified as 25-year-old Tejaswini and two-and-half-year-old son Vihan.
According to police, Lohit Kumar, a civil engineer, was dropping his wife Tejaswini to her work and sons to a child care centre.
Lohit Kumar and another son escaped miraculously with minor injuries.
Tejaswini and Vihan suffered major head injuries and succumbed to injuries due to severe bleeding. Tejaswini hailed from Dharwad.
Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai reacting to the incident stated that he would get all information regarding the construction work by the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL). The police have taken up further investigation.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time