'Willow' showrunner explains why 1988 movie was made into a series - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
Decades after the movie captured viewers' imaginations globally, the series will introduce a new generation of viewers to the magic and wonder of the fantasy-adventure film.
It will see Warwick Davis reprising the titular role of Willow Ufgood, the aspiring sorcerer who is now High Aldwyn of the Nelwyn people.
Sharing his memories, Jonathan Kasdan said: "I was especially taken with 'Willow' as a kid. I was eight going on nine, and it was the perfect moment for a kid to see a movie like that on the big screen. For me, it was overwhelming and sort of frightening and funny, everything that I associated with the movie-going experience, and it really stuck with me and had a profound effect on my imagination."
In the series, Davis will be joined by Joanne Whaley along with Dempsey Bryk, Ruby Cruz, Ellie Bamber, Erin Kellyman, Tony Revolori, and Amar Chada-Patel in other prominent roles.
Kasdan further revealed that the original idea was to make a sequel. The idea was materialised when Kasdan spoke with Warwick Davis.
Remembering his conversation, Kasdan said: "We talked for about three minutes, and I made up my mind then and there that I was going to devote myself, singularly, to bringing back Willow Ufgood. It was one of those dreams you have and think; maybe I'll be able to make this happen."
Written and executive produced by Kasdan himself, the series is available to stream on Disney+ Hotstar.
- Kiara-Sid to reach Jaisalmer on Feb 5, families to arrive on Saturday
- Kiara, Sidharth to take 'saaat phere' at Jaisalmer's Suryagarh Palace
- Thalapathy Vijay's film No. 67 finally gets a name - 'LEO'
- Dino Morea showcases his football skills in Instagram Reel
- Aisha Ahmed recollects how people in Chandni Chowk thought Akshay Kumar is arriving to shoot 'Minus One: New Chapter'
- Shania Twain drops new album 'Queen of Me'
- Gippy Grewal's Punjabi film 'Honeymoon' completes 100 days in cinemas
- Paulo Coelho calls Shah Rukh 'king', 'legend'; SRK replies
- 'Pathaan' crosses Rs 700 crore worldwide in 9 days
- 'Tere Pyaar Mein' from Ranbir-Shraddha's 'Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar' was shot across 8 Spanish locations