Wild elephant kills farmer in UP - Bahraich News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), KWS, Akash Deep Badhawan said that the forest department has provided immediate financial assistance of Rs 10,000 from Dudhwa Foundation to the family of the deceased.
Badhawan said two farmers Suresh and Ajaya were working in the fields when the elephant arrived.
Owing to fog, they could not identify the animal.
When the tusker reached close to them, Ajay ran away but Suresh could not escape and was killed.
The DFO said solar streets lights had been installed and solar torches also distributed to avoid such incidents.
World Wildlife Fund project officer Dabeer Hasan said it would also provide financial help to the bereaved family on Thursday.
- Telangana Congress chief launches padyatra (Ld, correcting para 5)
- Rajsamand MP Diya Kumari meets Rly Minister in Delhi
- 'If you ignore hate crime, it will come for you': SC on delay in FIR in 2021 Noida case
- CBI arrests 3 in bribe case; Rs 1.02 cr recovered (Lead)
- Rs 936 cr related to crypto currency attached or seized by ED: Govt
- Bihar man held for torturing minor daughter
- AI-powered robots to monitor beaches in Goa
- PM lauds HAL's new factory, unveils Light Utility Helicopter
- Upendra Kushwaha not the JD-U Parliamentary Board President: Lalan Singh
- Man stoned to death in Delhi's Dwarka