Why were soldiers sent to the borders 'unequipped': Congress - Jaipur News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
"Who gave this order to our military officers and soldiers?" the duo asked and further raised a question that "when our military officers and soldiers were being sent without arms, why was the armed backup force not available to protect them in accordance with Army protocol? If there was a backup force, why was it not sent?"
"Why did the government not have advance insight and information about the hostile plans of China and their conspiracy to attack our soldiers?" they said.
"Is the huge mistake of not understanding the intention of China not a symbol of the gross failure of the central government and their leadership?" the Congress leaders asked.
"At a time when the entire nation stands united in giving rich tributes to the martyred soldiers, our people are equally resented and anguished the way our soldiers were ‘batoned' and stoned," they said.
"India's 130 crore people have one question disturbing them: Why were the soldiers sent unequipped to the border and who was the person who forced them to go unequipped?" they said.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM