Who are the actual beneficiaries of tax rebates: DYFI asks FM - Kolkata News
by IANS | Updated Feb 05, 2023
In the letter, Mukherjee has pointed out that the richest sections of the society will get the maximum benefit of the tax concession.
"You claim to have given tax concessions. The maximum concessions have been offered to those who are in the topmost rung of the financial ladder. And this has come at a time when 80 per cent of the country's wealth is in the possession of just one per cent of the population," the letter read.
The budget lacks direction towards resolving the problem of the high unemployment rate in the country. "Why does the Union budget propose a drastic reduction in the food subsidy at a time when India's position is among the lowest in the latest Global Hunger Index? What is the rationale behind reduction in allocation of funds for the mid-day meal scheme," the open letter read.
Claiming that the latest Union Budget is a reflection of the anti- people policies of the Union government, Mukherjee said that DYFI's movement against the anti-people proposals there will continue. "We are not going to accept the budget proposals so easily. This budget is anti- youth. We will hit the streets protesting against the budget proposals in the coming days," the open letter has read.
Senior BJP leader and the party's former national secretary of the party, Rahul Sinha described the open letter as a reflection of the inability to understand the finer points of the Union budget.
"It really does not matter what the letter says considering that the budget proposals have received accolades from all sections of the society as growth-oriented," he said.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them