WhatsApp rolling out longer group subjects, descriptions on Android beta - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 31, 2023
These changes will help users to better describe groups, reports WABetainfo.
The characters of the group subject have been increased from 25 to 100 to provide group admins more freedom when naming their groups.
It will make it easier to identify the purpose of the group.
With the new change, the platform is also increasing the group description from 512 characters to 2048 characters.
This will provide more space for group admins to add important details and information about the group.
The ability to choose a longer group subject and description is available for users that install the latest WhatsApp beta for Android update from the Play Store, the report said.
Meanwhile, earlier this month, it was reported that the messaging platform was working on a new feature that will allow users to send photos in their original quality.
The platform is planning to integrate a new setting icon within the drawing tool header which will allow users to configure the quality of any photo, providing users more control over the quality of photos they are sending, especially when sending the photo in its original quality is necessary.
- Fire-Boltt introduces new smartwatch with 1.28-inch display
- Most Indians keen to explore virtual dating in Metaverse: Research
- Google Photos may soon get cloud backup support for Locked Folder
- AirTag helps track stolen car in US
- MediaTek unveils Helio G36 chip to power gaming smartphones in India
- Apple's iPhone 15, 15 Plus may feature new camera bump
- Android 14 may feature new settings for region-specific preferences
- India's PokerBaazi suffers security lapse, users' data exposed: Researcher
- Explained: Sun did not break off its chunk, just a normal solar activity
- Activists protest outside Twitter HQ in support of laid-off workers