What Happened To David Ruffin? Know David Ruffin Net Worth, Age, Height, Wife
by Hemalatha R | Updated Dec 06, 2022
What Happened To David Ruffin?
On June 1, 1991, David Ruffin passed away in Philadelphia from what medical professionals later concluded to be an unintentional cocaine overdose. He was 50. His passing was sensationalized in the news reports. Ruffin and his companion Donald Brown apparently went to a West Philadelphia crack house, where Ruffin reportedly passed out.
Image Source: Facebook
David Ruffin Net Worth
According to celebritynetworth, David Ruffin's net worth is $150 thousand. His lead vocals may be heard on well-known songs like "My Girl" and "Ain't Too Proud to Beg. As an apprentice at Anna Records, a Chess-distributed company managed by Gordy's sister Gwen Gordy Fuqua and his songwriting collaborator Billy Davis, Ruffin also collaborated with another aspiring performer, Marvin Gaye.
David Ruffin Age
According to the inquirer, David Ruffin was 50 years at the time of his death. For his work with the Temptations, he was honored in 1989 for being performed in the Rock and Roll Hall of FameRuffin started recording for Anna Records and cut "I'm in Love" b/w "One of These Days" (1961) with the Voice Masters, a group that featured future Motown producer Lamont Dozier.
David Ruffin Height
According to celebwiki, David Ruffin stands tall, about 6' 2".Ruffin composed music as both the vocalist and drummer in the Voice Masters, a doo-wop style duo. Ty Hunter, CP Spencer, Hank Dixon, and Walter Gaines (creator of Voice Masters and The Originals) were among the additional group members.
David Ruffin Wife
According to celebagewiki, David Ruffin married Sandra Ruffin (2 March 1978 - 18 July 1984) and Joy Hamilton ( April 1976). The couple announced their divorce. In 1967, Ruffin sought help for his heroin addiction for the first time. Ruffin was detained at a Memphis birthday celebration in 1978. He was charged with disorderly conduct "after resisting multiple requests" to leave the area, and while being taken to jail, he allegedly threatened some police officers and their families. Ruffin was let go on his own recognizance despite his denial of making threats.
What Happened To David Ruffin? - FAQs
David Ruffin is an American soul singer and musician.
Yes, he is dead.
He was born on January 18, 1941.
He was born in the United States.
His original name is David Eli Ruffin.
- Is Gina Lollobrigida Still Alive? What Happened To Gina Lollobrigida?
- Is Kriss Akabusi Married: Who Is Kriss Akabusis Wife?
- Is Gina Lollobrigida Married? Gina Lollobrigida Husband, Son, Kids, Family
- Molly Qerim Ethnicity, How Old Is Molly Qerim? Molly Qerim Rose Husband, Kids, Bio
- Is CJ Harris Married? Check Here For CJ Harris Wife, Parents, Bio, Family, And More
- Is Kay Ivey Married? Know Kay Ivey Husband, Age, Net Worth, And More
- What Happened To George Pell, Is George Pell Married?
- Livetopia New Update, Livetopia New Update Secret, Twitter And More
- Who Is Austin Butler Dating? Austin Butler And Kaia Gerber Relationship Timeline
- How To Watch Super Bowl 2023 Without Cable? What Channel Is Super Bowl On 2023?