Vigil intensified along China border in Himachal - Shimla News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
"The security has been intensified to check any movement of unauthorised people along the Chinese border," a senior police official told IANS over phone.
He said the police deployed at the last checkpost at Sumdoh in Spiti subdivision have been told to keep tabs on the movement of the people in the area, especially the shepherds who have been advised not to go towards the forward areas.
Sumdoh is located on the border of Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts and is manned by the state police. Beyond Sumdoh, the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel are deployed.
The police have stepped up security in villages located along the border in Kinnaur district.
Sources said the ITBP has also strengthened its checkposts at Chitkul, the last Indian village on the border, and Namgya near Khab in Pooh subdivision.
Himachal Pradesh shares a porous border with China and smuggling of rare species of fauna and Chinese goods like blankets and thermos flasks across the border is quite frequent.
- Odisha Health Minister shot by cop, CM orders Crime Branch probe (Lead)
- DMK MPs to raise BBC documentary, Adani issue in Parliament
- Bhaichung Bhutia participates in Bharat Jodo Yatra with Rahul
- Work in progress to fine-tune alignment for Hyderabad Metro
- TDP to raise post-bifurcation issues in Parliament
- Bikers ram, chase car in Bengaluru, police launch hunt for accused
- Interstate gang behind paper leak, new exam dates in 100 days: GPSSB Chairman
- KTR invited to World Environmental & Water Resources Congress
- UNGA President Csaba Korosi arrives in India on three-day visit
- Modi Council of Ministers meeting on, big decisions expected