US Senator Ed Markey slams Musk for failing to respond to his letter - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Nov 28, 2022
In the letter to Musk, Markey (Democrat from Massachusetts) had warned Musk to "fix your companies, or Congress will".
"@elonmusk could respond to my tweets but failed to respond to my letter by yesterday's deadline and answer basic questions about Twitter verification," posted in a fresh tweet .
"Congress must end the era of failed Big Tech self-regulation and pass laws that put user safety over the whims of billionaires," he added.
Earlier this month, Musk had mocked Markey after the latter wrote a letter to the new Twitter CEO, slamming him for launching the $8 Blue service with verification.
In his letter, the Democrat said: "A Washington Post reporter easily created a fake Twitter account in my name, and by paying $8 was also able to obtain Twitter's blue checkmark, signifying that Twitter had 'verified' the account was indeed that of a sitting US Senator."
Replying to the Senator, Musk said: "Perhaps it is because your real account sounds like a parody?"
About an hour later, the world's richest man tweeted again, asking "And why does your pp (profile picture) have a mask?" in reference to the Senator's Twitter profile photo, which shows him wearing a face covering.
- Ukraine, EU agree to deepen ties, cooperation at joint summit
- Baltic PMs meet with focus on regional security
- 22.6 mn Ethiopians food insecure due to drought, conflict, rising prices
- Travel between HK, mainland China to fully resume from Feb 6
- Pak needs to enhance exports for sustainable economic growth: Minister
- Lebanon, Cyprus sign deal to boost military cooperation
- 340 kg of drugs seized in France: Police
- Pakistani rupee continues speedy crash against USD, suffers another big fall
- S.Korean Air Force rescue team stages cold-weather drills
- 2 arrested over 'cartel like execution' in California