US records 4,500 deaths from flu this season - Los Angeles News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
Seasonal influenza activity is high and continues to increase across the country, Xinhua news agency reported, citing the CDC.
About 20,000 hospitalisations from flu were reported in the US in the latest week ending on November 26. The number of flu hospital admissions in the week almost doubled compared with the previous week.
A total of 14 pediatric flu deaths were reported so far this season in the country, according to the CDC.
- Israel, Sudan to sign deal to normalize ties: Fm
- Passengers evacuated after fire on cruise ship in Sydney
- N.Korea adopts law to protect 'state secrets'
- Putin compares Russia's invasion of Ukraine to fight against Nazi Germany
- US tracks Chinese spy balloon sailing across (Ld)
- Ukraine signs deal to join EU's Single Market Programme
- Myanmar declares martial law in 37 towns
- Ukraine seeks to extend duty-free trade with EU until end of 2024
- Pentagon detects suspected Chinese spy balloon over US
- Zelensky discusses cooperation, Ukraine's European integration with EU leaders