US Fed needs to cut interest rates immediately as recession looms: Musk - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
Reacting to Vincent Yu, Founder of Tesmanian.com who said he is expecting a real economic recession in 2023, Musk replied: "Trend is concerning. The Fed needs to cut interest rates immediately. They are massively amplifying the probability of a severe recession".
Musk's comments came as Powell was set to speak at the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy on the outlook for the economy and the changing labour market on Wednesday.
Stock market investors were keen to watch for any indications from Powell's speech, regarding the rate hike amid tough global macroeconomic conditions.
Ironically, earlier this month, Musk said that the US economy is inching towards a severe recession, and the Federal Reserve needs to stop hiking interest rates.
"We are headed into, I think, quite a serious recession," he told Twitter employees in a meeting.
"Frankly, the economic picture ahead is dire, especially for a company like ours that is so dependent on advertising in a challenging economic climate," he told them.
In September, he tweeted: "A major Fed rate hike risks deflation".
The Tesla CEO also said that the Fed is "looking in the rearview mirror" with its interest rate hikes.
- Centre asks Vodafone Idea to convert Rs 16,000 dues into equity
- J&K sanctions Rs 62 cr project for commercial cultivation of herbal riches
- Paytm Founder announces operating profitability, says free cash flow generation is next
- Over 20K foreign buyers from 28 countries invited to inaugural Rajasthan Int’l Expo
- Budget allocated Rs 10K cr for railway sector in Odisha: Vaishnaw
- Amid Adani group row, RBI says banking sector remains resilient
- S&P Global revises Adani Electricity, Adani Ports ratings to 'negative'
- DGCA orders probe as Indigo passenger reaches Udaipur instead of Patna
- ITC logs Q3 PAT of Rs 5,031 crore, declares interim dividend of Rs 6
- Punjab imposes 90 paise per litre cess on petrol, diesel