Upstate New York hit by thundersnow and lake effect snow - New York News
by IANS | Updated Nov 19, 2022
The Buffalo area started to see lightning, thunder and snowfall on Thursday evening and the gusty winds and snowing are expected to last until Saturday, Xinhua news agency reported.
Southwest Blasdell and Orchard Park in south of Buffalo reported as much as 48 inches and 42.5 inches of snowfall in the last 48 hours, according to a statement issued by the National Weather Service Buffalo on Friday afternoon.
Lake effect snow is common across the Great Lakes region during late fall and winter while thundersnow is rare only seen in the strongest winter storms.
The heavy lake effect snow would bring three to four feet or more snowfall in Northern Erie county and Genesee county with gusty winds at the speed of 35 miles per hour, according to warnings from the National Weather Service Buffalo.
The New York State government declared a state of emergency in 11 counties in upstate New York on Thursday.
As part of precautionary measures put in place, the New York State Department of Transportation has implemented a full ban of commercial vehicles at major highways in the area.
November 19, 2022 Other New York
- Catchy songs, in slang Crossword Clue NYT
- Border on Crossword Clue NYT
- Giant wave Crossword Clue NYT
- _lassi_ _uessin_ _ame Crossword Clue NYT
- N.F.L. division for the Dolphins and Patriots Crossword Clue NYT
- In the vicinity Crossword Clue NYT
- Orgs. Crossword Clue NYT
- What the Brits call sausages Crossword Clue NYT
- Onetime running mate of Biden Crossword Clue NYT
- Mountain lions Crossword Clue NYT
- Period of work Crossword Clue NYT
- “Nuthin’ but a ‘G’ ___” (Dr. Dre hit) Crossword Clue NYT
- Less risky Crossword Clue NYT
- Open, as a toothpaste tube Crossword Clue NYT
- France, Israel agree to deepen strategic partnership
- Japan's farm, fishery exports mark 10th record-breaking year in 2022
- Shehbaz confesses terrorists roam around in Pakistan
- Sikh couple in UK killed by son could have been saved: Report
- ECB raises rates by 50 bps
- Russia's agricultural exports increase 12% in 2022
- Egypt's tourism revenues hit record high in Q1 of FY 2022/23
- Germany drops face mask mandate on long-distance transport
- Pakistan's hybrid regime sinks towards authoritarianism
- US should show sincerity and help Sri Lanka: China