UPCOP app to help people access police services - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
According to a government spokesman, the UPCOP, robust/capable app for viewing the information related to public welfare, is a step towards smart policing.
"It's based on the concept of 'Aap ka thana, Aap ka app'. The services that can be availed through it included e-registration of FIR, viewing the FIR status, report lost articles, accident alert, vehicle theft, post mortem report and character certificate," he said.
The app can also help in domestic help, tenant and employee verifications, making procession request, protest/strike information, events and file missing person complaint. It will also work as emergency helpline, and seeking help for divyang and senior citizens.
Launched a few months ago, the people will be urged to install it for easy access to the police services.
- Pradhan slams Odisha CM over law & order situation
- Dearness allowance likely to be hiked by 4%: Reports
- KCR failed to develop Warangal as Dallas: Sharmila
- Power Minister urges G20 members to counter climate change challenges unitedly
- ADGP Kashmir reviews security, law & order situation
- Jolt for BJP in Bengal as another party MLA joins Trinamool
- Only Kisan sarkar can end farmers' suicide: KCR in Maharashtra
- Send DGP to Andhra Pradesh, demands Telangana BJP MLA
- Stalin asks PM Modi to relax paddy procurement norms
- Will execute 'Bengal model of development' in Tripura: Trinamool