UP: Woman kills baby to spite husband - Bijnor (Uttar Pradesh) News
by IANS | Updated Nov 28, 2022
The incident took place in the Aurangpur Bhikku village in Bijnor district.
Bijnor superintendent of police, Dinesh Singh, said, "The child's father, Ankit Singh, has filed a complaint that his daughter died under mysterious circumstances on Saturday. We sent the body for post-mortem, which revealed that the death was caused due to suffocation."
He said that on the basis of suspicion, Shivani Rani, the child's mother, was taken into custody and confessed to the crime during interrogation. She said she strangled the child to death in a fit of rage after a heated argument with her husband.
Ankit and Shivani got married three years ago. After the birth of their daughter, they often used to fight with each other.
A case has been registered against the accused mother under IPC section 302 (murder), said police.
- Pakistan's economic meltdown triggers infighting; blame game among political class intensifies
- HC allows woman to settle with kid in Aus as father doesn't turn up after divorce
- Pandit Jasraj's native place in Haryana to get facelift
- Udupi Shocker: FIR filed against two for beating dog to death in college premises
- Congress announces 17 candidates for Tripura Assembly polls
- Women should give birth to child between 22 and 30 years of age: Assam CM
- 'Deadly for democracy', Fali Nariman slams Law Minister's remarks against collegium system
- Hooda seeks compensation for mustard farmers in Haryana
- Modi strikes chord with Gurjjars at 1111th 'Avataran Mahotsav' in poll-bound Raj (Ld)
- Rahul Gandhi pays floral tribute to martyrs of Pulwama terror attack (Ld)