Up to 13,000 Ukrainian soldiers killed since war began: Official - Kiev News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
Speaking to Ukrainian media on Thursday, Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky, said: "We have official evaluations by the General Staff, official evaluations by the commander-in-chief (Zelensky), and they range from 10,000 to 12,500-13,000 killed," the BBC reported
He said that the number of civilians killed could also be "significant"
Podolyak further suggested that up to 100,000 Russian soldiers had been killed since the invasion began, and that an additional 100,000 to 150,000 had been wounded, or were missing or unable to return to combat.
The Ukrainian military has however, not confirmed the tally given out by Podolyak.
The latest figures come after General Mark Milley, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, said last month that around 100,000 Russian and 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed or injured till date.
But Moscow's latest update in September said that just 5,937 troops had been killed since the start of the war.
The American General had also noted that between 15 and 30 million refugees have been created since Russia launched its invasion.
The UN has recorded 7.8 million people as refugees from Ukraine across Europe, including Russia.
- Death toll in suicide bombing in Pakistan mosque reaches 72
- Covid-19 still int'l health emergency: WHO
- Palestinian killed by Israeli soldiers in southern West Bank: Medics
- Iran summons Ukraine's envoy over presidential aide's tweet about Isfahan drone attack
- Israeli citizen arrested after crossing into Lebanon
- Egyptian Prez, US state secretary discuss Israeli-Palestinian tensions
- 331 migrants rescued off Libyan coast in past week: IOM
- Croatian Prez criticises NATO chief's visit to S. Korea, Japan
- Turkey may evaluate NATO applications of Finland, Sweden separately: FM
- Hungary reports strong tourism rebound in 2022