UP gets fresh supply for Covishield vax doses - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Jan 18, 2023
The stock reached Uttar Pradesh Medical Supplies Corporation Limited from the Union government that released it immediately for vaccination.
District immunization officer Dr M.K. Singh said: "With fresh supplies, Covid-19 vaccination will start from Wednesday at 34 centres, including KGMU, SGPGI and RMLIMS and 12 district hospitals and 19 urban and rural community health centres."
He said that both advanced registration through online mode and walk-in registration facility will be available at the vaccination site.
Candidates would have to carry a identification card Aadhaar Card, ration card, PAN card, voter card, passport, driving licence) for vaccination.
"It has been revealed from various researches that Covid-19 does not take severe form after getting vaccination and it reduces the chances of passing on infection to others. Therefore, everyone above the age of 18 years must get vaccinated," he said.
Vaccination had come to halt in government centres earlier this month due to shortage of vaccines.
- Rs 936 cr related to crypto currency attached or seized by ED: Govt
- Bihar man held for torturing minor daughter
- AI-powered robots to monitor beaches in Goa
- PM lauds HAL's new factory, unveils Light Utility Helicopter
- Upendra Kushwaha not the JD-U Parliamentary Board President: Lalan Singh
- Man stoned to death in Delhi's Dwarka
- Teachers' scam: HC summons entire panel of interviewers for 2016 primary TET
- Anti-encroachment drive: Omar says bulldozer should be last resort
- Oommen Chandy hospitalised for suspected pneumonia
- CBI arrests 3 in bribe case; Rs 1.02 cr recovered