Ugandan nationals held in Goa for possessing drugs - Panaji News
Panaji, Feb 8 (IANS) Goa Police on Wednesday arrested two Ugandan nationals for allegedly possessing drugs, including ecstasy, cocaine and MDMA.
by IANS | Updated Feb 08, 2023
North Goa SP Nidhin Valsan informed that inputs were received from reliable sources that two women, both foreign nationals, were supplying drugs in the coastal region of Anjuna for past few days.
"On Wednesday, two ladies who had come to supply drugs to prospective customers were detained and their personal search was conducted," he said.
"During the search, seven gm Ecstasy valued at Rs 45,000, 10.3 gm of cocaine valued at Rs 82,400, and 3.4 gm MDMA valued at Rs 34,000 were recovered from their possession," the police said.
"The accused women have been identified as Ssanyu Florence (28) and Nabankema Arisat (26), both Ugandan nationals," Valsan said.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them