Two women die after delivery at Hyderabad hospital - Hyderabad News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
Alleging that negligence by the doctors led to the deaths, relatives of the deceased sat on a dharna in front of the government area hospital in Malakpet. They lodged a complaint with the police, demanding action against the doctors responsible for negligence.
Both the women died while undergoing treatment at the government-run Gandhi Hospital, where they were shifted after their condition became critical
Mahesh, a driver from a village in Nagarkurnool district had admitted his wife Sri Venella (23) to the hospital on Monday.
She delivered a baby on Wednesday by cesarean section. He said a few hours later she started shivering but nobody took care. The next day he was informed that he condition was not good as pulse rate has come down and heartbeat has increased.
When her condition turned critical, the staff shifted her to Gandhi Hospital. He said doctors at Gandhi Hospital told her that she had dengue fever for five days and platelets had dropped. She succumbed while undergoing treatment.
Holding her newborn daughter in his arms, Mahesh was inconsolable. He demanded authorities to do justice to him.
Jagadish, a software engineer from Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh, had admitted his wife Shivani to the hospital on January 10 for delivery. The next day she delivered a baby through caesarean section. Subsequently, her sugar and BP levels slumped and doctors asked him to take her to Gandhi Hospital for observation. However, her condition had already turned critical and she died a few hours later.
Jagadish was distraught over losing his wife within hours after delivering their first child.
- Delhi: L-G approves revival of 126 posts of principal in govt schools
- Bengal Safari Park to get blackbuck, hog deer, one-horned rhino
- Naga body withdraws Feb 27 Nagaland polls boycott call
- Under fire for rising pollution, BMC to help Mumbai breathe easy
- Nagaland polls: Drugs, cash valued at Rs 29 cr seized
- Obesity can lead to 13 different types of cancer: Experts
- Promoting clean fuels, Union Minister inaugurates 'Towards Panchamrit'
- BJP appoints Dharmendra Pradhan in-charge of elections in K'taka
- Chief Justice Singapore: Truth is the foundation of rule of law, yet truth decay is spreading into courts
- Bhupender Yadav launches 'Save Wetlands' campaign in Goa