Two held with 52 kg charas in Bihar's Gopalganj - Patna News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
The seizure was made during a vehicle checking campaign from a Maruti Swift car on Tuesday night. The cost of 52 kg Charas in the international market is Rs 14 crore.
On the direction of district SP Anand Kumar, a barricading was installed at Balthari check post located on Bihar-Uttar Pradesh border, the official said.
"When a suspicious car approached toward the check post, the police personnel present there, stopped the car. During checking, the contraband was recovered from boot of the vehicle. We immediately arrested the accused and the interrogation is currently underway to ascertain the nexus of the syndicate," said Kiran Shankar, SHO of Kuchaikot police station.
The accused are identified as Shan Mohammad and Asif Ansari. Both are natives of Anasrayan locality of Uttar Pradesh's Shamli district.
- BCI forms panel to probe advocate's role in misleading candidates in bar council exams
- Minor boy killed during celebratory firing in Bihar's Nalanda
- Maha: Media groups seek probe into scribe's 'accidental' death
- Meenakshi Lekhi decodes budget allocations for Delhi, slams AAP
- Rs 15,626 cr sanctioned under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund: Govt
- Gujarat court sentences Congress MLA to six months in jail
- 'I am sorry, I killed Shradha, I made mistake', Aftab told police: Charge sheet
- Both BJP, CPI-M infamous for violence, corruption in Tripura: Mamata
- Railway starts 'Operation Nande Farishtey' to track missing kids
- Jagan deserves 'Appu Ratna', taunts Pawan over mounting debts