Two days ahead of 'Chillai Kalan' Kashmir shivers with biting cold - Srinagar News
by IANS | Updated Dec 20, 2022
"Dry cold weather with sub-zero night temperature is likely to continue in J&K and Ladakh during the next 24 hours," an official of the MeT department said.
The 40-day long period of harsh winter, called the 'Chillai Kalan' begins during the intervening night of December 21 and 22.
This period of harsh winter cold will end on January 30, 2023.
Srinagar had minus 3.4, Pahalgam minus 5.4 and Gulmarg minus 4 degrees Celsius as the minimum temperature.
In the Ladakh region, both Kargil and Leh town had minus 11.8 as the minimum temperature.
Jammu had 6.7, Katra 7.5, Batote 2.1, Banihal minus 1.2 and Bhaderwah 0.3 as the minimum temperature.
- Telangana Congress chief launches padyatra (Ld, correcting para 5)
- Rajsamand MP Diya Kumari meets Rly Minister in Delhi
- 'If you ignore hate crime, it will come for you': SC on delay in FIR in 2021 Noida case
- CBI arrests 3 in bribe case; Rs 1.02 cr recovered (Lead)
- Rs 936 cr related to crypto currency attached or seized by ED: Govt
- Bihar man held for torturing minor daughter
- AI-powered robots to monitor beaches in Goa
- PM lauds HAL's new factory, unveils Light Utility Helicopter
- Upendra Kushwaha not the JD-U Parliamentary Board President: Lalan Singh
- Man stoned to death in Delhi's Dwarka