Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 02, 2023
The police said that the incident occurred on Wednesday and the shooters were targeting a man who is out on bail in connection with their friend's murder in 2020.
A senior police officer said: "At 1:40 p.m. on Wednesday, a PCR call regarding a firing incident was received at the Hazrat Nizamuddin police station, following which a police team was rushed to the spot."
"At the spot, a youth named Nikhil (24), a resident of Pant Nagar, told the police that two youths had opened fire at him. While they missed the target, two passersby -- Neeraj (24) and Mohammad Gulzar (18), both residents of Bhogal -- were injured in the firing," the officer said.
Both the injured persons were admitted to the AIIMS trauma centre where they are undergoing treatment.
"A case under Sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered and police teams are scanning CCTV footages to trace the accused, who fled from the spot after the incident," said the officer.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them