Two arrested for links with anti-national elements: Delhi Police (Lead) - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
The accused have been identified as Jagjit Singh, 29, alias Jagga alias Yaqub, a resident of district Udham Singh Nagar in Uttarakhand and Naushad, 56, a resident of Jahangirpuri.
Police said that they have also recovered three pistols along with 22 bullets.
According to police, Naushad had been associated with Pakistan-based terrorist outfit Harkat-ul-Ansar, operating primarily in Kashmir.
He has been a life convict in two cases of murder and was also sentenced to 10 years in prison in a case under the Explosives Act.
Police said that Jagjit Singh is a member of the notorious Bambiha gang.
"Jagjit has been getting instructions from anti-national elements based abroad. He is a parole jumper in a case of murder in Uttarakhand," said a senior police official, adding that further investigation is under way to ascertain their other involvements.
- Work in progress to fine-tune alignment for Hyderabad Metro
- TDP to raise post-bifurcation issues in Parliament
- Bikers ram, chase car in Bengaluru, police launch hunt for accused
- Interstate gang behind paper leak, new exam dates in 100 days: GPSSB Chairman
- KTR invited to World Environmental & Water Resources Congress
- UNGA President Csaba Korosi arrives in India on three-day visit
- Modi Council of Ministers meeting on, big decisions expected
- Rahul Gandhi must thank PM for hoisting Tricolour at Lal Chowk: BJP
- Delhi CM urges Centre to provide 1,300 MGD water to ensure round-the-clock supply
- Shivpal named general secretary in SP's new executive