Twitter working on in-app currency to help creators earn - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
This new feature was spotted by app researchers Jane Manchun Wong and Nima Owji, who shared it on the micro-blogging platform on Tuesday.
The screenshot posted by both researchers mentioned, "Coins allow you to support creators who Tweet great content. Unused coins are kept in your balance."
Wrong wrote, "Twitter is working on Coins purchasing screen."
"Twitter is also working on a 'Coins' menu item that takes you to the purchase screen," she added.
On the other hand, Owji said, "It seems to be an in-app currency to support the creators. I didn't find anything that relates it to *crypto* currency."
Owji had also mentioned last month that the company was working on 'Coins'.
However, it is still unclear when the platform will launch this new in-app feature.
Meanwhile, Wong had earlier mentioned that the company was working on a new feature called 'Tweet Awards.'
According to the image shared by Wong last week, users would be able to purchase gifts for one coin to 5,000 coins.
It might be possible that Twitter would get a cut of revenue generated from coin purchases.
- Google may soon let users use Android phone as USB webcam
- Samsung Galaxy Book3 Series starts from Rs 1,09,990 in India
- Scammers operating investing scams infiltrate Apple App Store, Google Play
- IBM, NASA join hands to research impact of climate change with AI
- Max Healthcare's net profit jumps 7% to Rs 269 cr in Q3
- Twitter to stop offering free access to its API from Feb 9
- Sony to stop offering PlayStation Plus Collection from May 8
- Netflix introduces new features to Premium plan members
- Microsoft unveils Spotify, Phone Link widgets for Windows 11
- Microsoft Teams Premium gets new features powered by OpenAI's GPT-3.5