Tumblr adding support for livestreaming - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Dec 20, 2022
The new livestreaming feature is being rolled out to US users on iOS and Android, and a release for global users and the desktop site is planned for the near future, reports The Verge.
Tumblr has supported streaming in the past, but then it only allowed users to share streams from other services like YouNow and YouTube.
The new option is described as a native Tumblr streaming service powered by Livebox
Livebox allows users to tip streamers, and by the same token, Tumblr will allow viewers to pay creators with a virtual currency called 'Diamonds'.
It also provides artificial intelligence (AI) and human-powered moderation for streams.
Additionally, the service allows streamers to make trusted viewers as moderators, the report sad.
Meanwhile, in January, to keep the app eligible for download via the App Store, Tumblr had rolled out a new feature 'Sensitive Content toggle' for iOS users, allowing them to choose whether to opt-in or opt-out of potentially sensitive content on the iOS app.
- 90% reduction in Covid deaths after booster dose: Study
- PagerDuty CEO faces backlash after quoting Martin Luther King Jr in layoff memo
- $3.1 mn spent on privacy last year in India: Report
- Apple may launch foldable iPad with 'carbon fibre kickstand' in 2024
- Google Pixel Tablet may come with 2 dock options
- Google terminates thousands of accounts pushing Chinese disinformation
- Acer launches new laptop with latest AMD Ryzen 7000 series processor in India
- iPhone 14 Crash Detection false alarms causing problems in Japan
- Most customers don't trust organisations over their data use in AI
- Mark Zuckerberg now puts Meta's middle managers on notice