Trump nominates Indian origin diplomat as US envoy to Ethiopia
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
Trump announced on Monday the nomination of Geeta Pasi, who is now the principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Africa at the State Department.
Pasia is a member of the US Senior Foreign Service and has served as US Ambassador to Djibouti and Chad.
She has also been a political officer at the US Embassy in New Delhi and Deputy Chief of US Mission in Dhaka.
Pasi has also served as the Director of the Office of Career Development and Afghanistan Desk Officer in the Office of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh Affairs.
She joined the US Foreign Service in 1988.
- Asif Ali Zardari sends Rs 10 bn legal notice to Imran Khan
- Phoebe Dynevor exits 'Bridgerton' season 3
- UAE Prez's Islamabad visit cancelled due to bad weather
- Imran to contest all 33 seats of National Assembly
- TTP claims responsibility for Peshawar mosque attack, toll rises to 32 (4th Ld)
- 28 killed, 150 injured in blast at Peshawar mosque (3rd Ld)
- 8 people shot dead at birthday party in S.Africa
- 19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr
- Laos Parliament approves cabinet reshuffle
- 17 dead in Peshawar mosque blast (2nd Ld)