Travel fintech platform SanKash to hire over 500 in India in next 6 months - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The platforms said that the new hires will fuel SanKash's sales and operations feet on street capability to cater to its existing travel merchant base of 6,000 spread across 250 cities, and increase its ground presence at 150,000 travel point of sale which dominate the domestic travel market.
"With the market picking up post-Covid, travel merchants are seeing significant growth in bookings compared to the bygone year as consumers' confidence is gradually returning," said Abhilasha Negi, Co-founder and Head HR, SanKash.
The travel and tourism market in India is anticipated to touch $125 billion by FY27 from an estimated $75 billion in FY20.
"Along with the surge, the travel merchant base is also witnessing blitzkrieg expansion. The fresh hiring is directed at catering to this segment," said Negi.
The tourism sector is propelling the country's economic growth and creating large-scale employment opportunities.
The sector contributed 5.8 per cent or Rs 13,161 billion to India's GDP in 2021.
Founded in 2018 by Akash Dahiya, Manu Pal, and Abhilasha Negi, the Gurugram-based startup has built a plug-and-play application programming interface (API) platform that provides several travel products and facilitates the payment for these products and services online.
It follows a 'Travel Now Pay Later' business model.
SanKash plans to service 1 million customers by 2025, as tourism revived after two years of the pandemic.
- Chip-maker Intel to layoff about 340 employees at California campus
- Samsung's Q4 profit drops 69% on sluggish demand, lowest since 2014
- Indian economy remains a 'bright spot' per IMF
- SC upholds NCLAT order on dues of Jet Airways' former employees
- ITC commences Rs 450 cr food manufacturing facility in Telangana
- Govt progressing on policy of adopting import substitutes, cost-effective indigenous fuels: Gadkari
- All outstanding ratings, including Adani company, under continuous surveillance: Acuite Ratings
- Sindhudurg to be linked with Hyderabad, Mysuru by 2 flights a week
- LIC's exposure to Adani group is only 0.975% of its AUM
- Xiaomi's Manu Jain moves on after 9 yrs, prepares for 'beginning of a new journey'