Tomar launches portal for agri-investors - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
Co-Chairperson of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Melinda French Gates held a meeting with Tomar, here on Monday.
During the meeting, Tomar inaugurated the creation of an integrated "Agriculture Investment Portal" by the Ministry of Agriculture.
In the meeting, Tomar said the government has full focus on promoting women farmers in the country.
The Minister said that "Krishi Nivesh Portal" (Agriculture Investment Portal) will prove to be a milestone in terms of investment in the agriculture sector.
He said that this portal would prove to be handy for the investors, they would get a lot of help from it.
Appreciating the work being done by the Gates Foundation in various fields in India, Tomar hoped that working in the agriculture sector in India by the Foundation would prove to be a good experience.
In the meeting, Tomar said that there are many challenges in the agriculture sector, to solve which the government is continuously working.
He said the number of small farmers is more in the country, and the government believes that if their strength increases, the agriculture sector will improve and production will also increase, adding the government is working in this direction.
Tomar said that with the aim of further increasing investment in agriculture, the Government has allocated a special package of over Rs 1.5 lakh crore for agriculture and allied sectors under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
Work on these provisions has started, including the Rs 1 lakh crore Agriculture Infrastructure Fund. Once these are implemented, the Indian agriculture sector will be rejuvenated.
- Taaraka Ratna continues to be in critical state at B'luru hospital
- Goa minister condemns Amit Shah's statement on Mhadei
- Accountant held for harassing his ex-fiancee
- Chhattisgarh coal levy extortion scam: ED attaches more assets worth Rs 17.48 cr
- Nitish Kumar suffering from memory loss, says BJP MLA
- 'All wolves are joining hands but I will fight them like a lion', Jagan targets Oppn
- Ahead of Feb-16 Tripura assembly polls, another BJP MLA resigns
- Delhi CM inaugurates facility to identify pollution sources in real time
- Criminal wanted in attempt to murder case arrested in Delhi
- Mamata to directly supervise party affairs in Birbhum in Anubrata Mondal's absence