TN's Annamalai University to train SC/ST students in drone piloting for free - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 09, 2023
The training will be conducted by the Centre for Aero Space Research (CASR) of Anna University.
The CASR is offering drone training at a cost of Rs 61,000 per head, and for SC/ST youngsters, the course is for free.
The drone sector is booming in the country and Tamil Nadu has been successfully using drones for several purposes.
Applications will be invited soon and training will commence after the Pongal holidays.
Each batch, according to CASR officials, will train 20 youths and will provide training in flying low and medium-weight category drones.
The students will be awarded an approved drone remote pilot license with a 10-year validity.
The Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar Housing Development Corporation (TAHDCO) and Madras Institute of Technology (MIT) will guide students in getting jobs.
The TAHDCO will provide financial help to the students of SC/ST youths to buy drones and beneficiaries can be able to assess Agricultural Drone Financing and Subsidy Schemes or Rs 2.25 lakh subsidies from commercial banks.
A senior professor with the Madras Institute of Technology attached with the Annamalai University told IANS: "The trained youngsters can use the services of Uzhavan App for getting works and this will help youths of SC/ST communities get gainful employment."
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time