TN headmistress held for making students clean school toilets - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Dec 03, 2022
Geetha Rani, the headmistress of Palakkarai Panchayat Union Primary School, was arrested from Perundurai in the district.
The issue had come to light recently when some of the students' parents noticed blisters on their wards' hands and enquired about it.
One of the children, who was admitted to hospital for dengue treatment, had told his mother that a few students were being made to regularly clean the school toilets with bleaching powder. The school has one toilet for students and another for the teachers.
Thereafter, the boy's mother approached the police which registered a case against Geetha Rani and launched a search to trace her.
Meanwhile, the district education authorities also conducted an inquiry into the issue and found it to be true. The headmistress was put on suspension on November 30.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC