TN BJP urges police to arrest DMK leader for abusive language against Guv - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 15, 2023
The Tamil Nadu Governor's office had referred a complaint with the Chennai city police Commissioner, Shankar Jiwal for action against the DMK leader for using abusive and defamatory language against Ravi.
In the complaint, Raj Bhavan deputy secretary, S. Prasanna Ramaswamy said that the video of Shivai Krishnamoorthy abusing the governor had gone viral. He stated in the complaint that the action of the DMK leader attracts Section 124 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Cyber cell deputy commissioner Krishna Sruthi in the letter to the Governor office said that the video was legally scrutinised and that it would amount to action under Sections 499 and 500 of the IPC.
Police sources told IANS that the complaint along with video has been forwarded to the additional chief secretary (Home) for further action .
- Delhi CM urges Centre to provide 1,300 MGD water to ensure round-the-clock supply
- Shivpal named general secretary in SP's new executive
- Nagaland polls: BJP, NDPP likely to readjust seat-sharing pact
- Green India Challenge flag hoisted on Antarctica's highest mountain
- Bike racing in Kerala's Kovalam kills woman
- 8 benefits of a weighted blanket
- Pro-BJP wave in Karnataka, says CM Bommai
- Pedalling for a Cancer Free World
- Epicurean delicacies at your doorstep
- Five chefs discuss food-related aspirations for 2023