TN BJP president Annamalai to get 'Z' security (Ld) - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
Apart from escort vehicles provided by the TN police, the BJP leader who has been very vocal in Tamil Nadu politics, will now have a 28-member security detail that includes commandos from the NSG and the Security branch CID of the Tamil Nadu police, they said.
The security upgrade for Annamalai comes in the wake of the recent car bomb explosion in Coimbatore, and also incidents of Molotov cocktail bomb attacks targeting the Hindu organisations and leaders over the past several months. Annamalai has been stridently raising his voice against growing religious fundamentalism in Tamil Nadu.
This will be the second security upgrade for the BJP leader in less than a year. It was only in April last year that the MHA had enhanced his security from 'X' to 'Y' category.
Annamalai had recently announced a padayatra covering all 234 Assembly constituencies of Tamil Nadu from April.
- Parliament proceedings likely to witness disruptions over Adani issue for 2nd day
- Amid demand for JPC on Adani, Manish Tewari moves adjournment notice on China
- Amid Adani row, Kharge calls opposition meet
- SIA raids underway in Srinagar
- Shailja Kaushal - From a diary keeper to award-winning writer
- Jharkhand: Rally, celebratory event in Dumka mark JMM's foundation day
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing