Tejashwi Yadav says unaware of police action on farmers in Buxar - Patna News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
"I have no knowledge about the incident. I just learnt from the media... The officials have been asked to inform about the technicalities of the issues," he said.
Police in Buxar allegedly assaulted a number of farmers and their families, including women and children, on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday. The farmers of Banarpur village under Chausa block were protesting for the compensation of their lands acquired by the thermal power company.
The statement of Tejashwi Yadav is similar to a recent statement of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who said he was unaware of a police baton charge on BSSC students in Patna.
Following the Buxar assault, the angry farmers went on rampage, setting more than half a dozen government and private vehicles on fire.
Meanwhile, the district administration of Buxar arrested 6 persons on the charge of arson. A large number of policemen were also deployed in the village and at the thermal power unit to prevent any untoward incidents.
- PM lauds HAL's new factory, unveils Light Utility Helicopter
- Upendra Kushwaha not the JD-U Parliamentary Board President: Lalan Singh
- Man stoned to death in Delhi's Dwarka
- Teachers' scam: HC summons entire panel of interviewers for 2016 primary TET
- Anti-encroachment drive: Omar says bulldozer should be last resort
- Oommen Chandy hospitalised for suspected pneumonia
- CBI arrests 3 in bribe case; Rs 1.02 cr recovered
- Delhi BJP says AAP tried to lure their councillors for cross-voting in mayoral poll
- Delhi man strangles paralysed father to death
- Captured elephant in TN released into deep forest