TECNO launches segment-first 7-inch display, 6000mAh battery phone at Rs 9,999
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
Priced at Rs 9,999, the phone brings the power of a 16MP front camera and 16MP quad-camera set up at the rear, even as the seven-inch display with a 20.5:9 aspect ratio and 90.6 per cent screen body ratio aims to make the new smartphone an entertainment "tour de force".
"In the wake of COVID-19, the importance of telecommuting has increased significantly. People's smartphones are now a primary medium of work, information and entertainment. With this increasing reliance on the device, the demand for more, better features at an affordable price point has gone up," Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, Transsion India, said on the launch of SPARK Power 2.
"With this new launch we will firmly establish Spark series as the best battery smartphone series," Talapatra said.
The 6000mAh battery with an 18W Fast Charger will allow customers to enjoy three continuous hours of calling on a 10-minute charge as well as the 50 per cent of the battery can be charged in just 1 hours' time, the company said.
TECNO claimed that once fully charged, users of the new smartphone will be able to enjoy 376 hours standby time, 37 hours calling, 19 hours Internet, 155 hours music, 13 hours game playing and 14 hours video playback.
The company has partnered with Flipkart to boost online sales of SPARK Power 2.
"While offline remains our dominant channel, we realize that consumers are gravitating to the online space, and accordingly, we want to ramp up our online presence with unique tie-ups with e-commerce platforms," Talapatra said.
"Flipkart is currently the leader in the e-commerce space and in the mobile category, and we believe our collaboration with them for the sale of SPARK Power 2 is a great way to consolidate our online position."
TECNO has invested a lot in the looks of SPARK Power 2 as it brings together 2.5D curved edges, slim bezels and a matte finish.
The SPARK Power 2 comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB. The device runs on HIOS 6.1 based on Android 10 and an Octa-core 2.0GHz processor.
The phone is available in two colour variants -- ice jadeite and misty grey.
- ISRO conducts initial trials of human space mission crew module recovery
- Digital lending apps issue clarifications after Centre's ban on loan apps
- MSI launches new line-up of laptops in India
- Cybersecurity firm Secureworks lays off 9% of staff
- Need tougher laws to tame Big Tech from collecting personal data: Joe Biden
- YouTube Music rolls out redesigned album view for Android, iOS
- iPhone 15 Pro Max to feature 2,500 nits display panel from Samsung
- Google to end feature that shows playable podcasts in search results
- Meta plans to include younger teens in its Horizon Worlds app
- Apple expanding 'Communication Safety' feature to more countries