Suriname President Santokhi visits BJP office, meets Nadda - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
Nadda welcomed the Suriname President, Minister of Foreign Affairs and other delegates to the party office. BJP's Foreign Affairs Department in-charge Vijay Chauthaiwale, and national media chief Anil Baluni were also present.
Both leaders talked about the contribution of the diaspora. Nadda also told Santokhi how the coordination of the party and the government takes place, and communication from top to the activist on the ground and vice versa is functioning.
The Suriname President emphasised that different countries should focus on learning Hindi language, Indian traditions and culture.
He also spoke on the challenges to his country due to Covid-19 and how he had brought out his country from the crisis. He also said that his party can take several messages from the world's largest party on how to run a pro-people ruling party.
Santokhi is the Chairman of the Progressive Reform Party of Suriname and has earlier served as Minister of Justice and Police from 2005-10. He has also served as Chairman of The Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM) 2022.
- Vasundhara Raje posts old video on social media, sparks speculations
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.0 hits Manipur's Ukhrul
- Art exhibition featuring 105 artists opens in Chandigarh
- BJP MLAs stage sit-in outside Kejriwal's residence over pending salary at 12 DU colleges
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent