Steven Spielberg tests positive for Covid-19, misses Gotham Awards - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Nov 29, 2022
Paul Dano, Williams's co-star in the Spielberg-helmed film, 'The Fabelmans', took to the podium and read some background on -- and recounted personal memories of -- the four-time Oscar-nominated actress, adds Deadline. Dano recalled the pair being at the Hollywood premiere of 'The Fabelmans' and how they got to talking about being young actors in Los Angeles.
Dano recalled: "Michelle said, 'I remember just driving around town looking for work.' And I thought, 'Imagine, if that teenage girl knew that at the midpoint of her career she'd be seeing a tribute award at the Gothams from none other than Steven Spielberg, and what would she have thought?'"
He later added, according to Deadline: "And then I thought, 'Well, what if we had to tell that girl that Steven got Covid?' She'd be like, 'What's Covid? And that Paul Dano is going to introduce you?' She'd be like, 'Who the f**k is Paul Dano?'"
That was the only mention that the three-time Oscar winner had contracted Covid, but it was enough to get the point across: Steven Spielberg was not in the building.
The timing of his diagnosis is brutal, coming just as the 2022-23 film awards season kicks into high gear. Spielberg and his semi-autobiographical 'The Fabelmans' are right in the thick of contention for hardware, including Best Picture. The film opened on November 11.
Deadline adds that Spielberg is unlikely to be the last A-list Oscar contender to battle the virus this season. Test positivity in Los Angeles has just about doubled in the past week to 13 per cent on Tuesday.
Of course, there is still time for copious campaigning. Voting for Oscar nominations does not close until January 17 and final voting does not end until March 7.
- 'Pathaan' SRK talks about box-office success, tags 'Tiger' Salman as 'GOAT'
- Jr NTR's cousin Nandamuri Taaraka Ratna still critical; Telugu superstar Balakrishna pays visit
- Taimur poses with father Saif in new aeroplane pics
- KJo roots for 'bhai', 'bhaijaan' after 'Pathaan' success
- KJo praises host Aditya Narayan, says his mum is a big fan of 'Indian Idol'
- SRK-starrer 'Pathaan' grosses Rs 313 crore worldwide in first 3 days
- Boman Irani marks 38th wedding anniversary with pictures with wife Zenobia
- Anoushka Shankar to perform at 65th annual Grammy awards premiere ceremony
- Producers Guild of India thanks state govts for peaceful release of 'Pathaan'
- Athiya Shetty shares pic in saree from pre-wedding ceremony