Stalin upheld dignity of all Assemblies in the country: TN Speaker - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
He also said that the act of the Chief Minister was a model for all the other Assemblies.
Speaking in the Assembly, Appavu noted that while Governor R.N. Ravi created an unprecedented situation during his inaugural address but the Chief Minister held the dignity of the house in high esteem by moving a resolution immediately.
He said that the role of the Governor was to address the assembly using only the printed text and that he could not add or delete anything.
He said that there was a murmur in the treasury benches when the Governor added some portions outside the printed text as well as removed certain portions and added that the Chief Minister had calmed them down. Appavu also said that he appreciated the courage displayed by the Chief Minister during the situation.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief