S&P Global revises Adani Electricity, Adani Ports ratings to 'negative' - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Feb 03, 2023
"The negative outlook reflects the risk of a deterioration in the credit profile of Adani Ports and Adani Electricity Mumbai due to governance risks and funding challenges for the larger Adani Group," it said.
The rating agency said a short-seller report alleging significant governance issues for the Adani Group, many of which relate to disclosures and actions at the shareholder level, has triggered a sharp fall in Adani Group entities' equity and bond prices.
There is a risk that investor concerns about the group's governance and disclosures are larger than it has currently factored in the ratings, or that new investigations and negative market sentiment may lead to increased cost of capital and reduce funding access for Adani Ports and Adani Electricity, S&P Global said.
According to the credit rating agency, it has affirmed issuer and issue ratings on the entities as their business fundamentals remain intact, short-term liquidity is adequate, and debt maturities in the next 12 months are manageable.
- Sebi 'fully equipped', could set up a panel of experts, Centre to SC on Adani issue
- Essar Oil & Gas Exploration & Production achieves highest ever revenue and EBIDTA
- Renault Nissan to invest $600 million, launch six new models (Lead)
- Inflation-linked road toll rate hike to be modest in FY24: ICRA
- Homegrown EV mobility solutions provider Magenta Mobility raises $40 mn
- Researcher says PokerBaazi exposed users' information, platform denies data breach (Lead)
- Piyush Goyal directs FCI to open more procurement centres in UP
- IIT-K unveils breakthrough in coal/mineral transportation
- Mumbai airport records surge in passenger movement, traffic up by 149% in Jan
- Tesla adjusts its EV pricing for 4th time in US