Snowfall hits normal life in Valley, respite likely from today - Srinagar News
by IANS | Updated Jan 14, 2023
The MeT office said on Saturday that dry and generally cloudy weather is expected in J&K and Ladakh.
Slippery roads, chilly winds and evading clear sky affected normal life in the Valley.
Flight operations at Srinagar airport were cancelled on Friday while the Srinagar-Jammu highway remained closed for the second consecutive day on Saturday due to shooting stones and landslides at some places.
Meanwhile, Srinagar recorded minus 0.1 degree, Pahalgam minus 5.9 and Gulmarg minus 11 degrees Celsius as the minimum temperature.
In Ladakh region, Kargil had minus 8.4 and Leh minus 12 as the minimum temperature.
Jammu had 6.6, Katra 5.8, Batote minus 1.3, Banihal minus 0.2 and Bhaderwah minus 0.6 degree as the minimum temperature.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM