Sitharaman urges industry to set standards in renewable energy - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 02, 2023
Addressing the national executive committee meeting of industry body FICCI, she said that "the industry is at front for any policy-making. It is only through exchanges such as this that make the policies responsive. Industry has to come up with the prevailing dynamic picture. Industry will determine how India moves forward on green hydrogen mission. It need not be that the government should be the prime mover. Government has set a benchmark for how we are growing".
Industry, she said, should highlight its potential and share it with the government on a regular basis which will facilitate policy intervention by the government.
"I would want the industry to be the prime mover as regards the latest frontiers in renewable energy, rare earth materials, conversion of all these towards usable technologies," the Finance Minister added.
Speaking on the payments to micro-small and medium enterprises or MSMEs, Sitharaman urged the industry to facilitate payments to the sector within the contract period.
- Sebi 'fully equipped', could set up a panel of experts, Centre to SC on Adani issue
- Essar Oil & Gas Exploration & Production achieves highest ever revenue and EBIDTA
- Renault Nissan to invest $600 million, launch six new models (Lead)
- Inflation-linked road toll rate hike to be modest in FY24: ICRA
- Homegrown EV mobility solutions provider Magenta Mobility raises $40 mn
- Researcher says PokerBaazi exposed users' information, platform denies data breach (Lead)
- Piyush Goyal directs FCI to open more procurement centres in UP
- IIT-K unveils breakthrough in coal/mineral transportation
- Mumbai airport records surge in passenger movement, traffic up by 149% in Jan
- Tesla adjusts its EV pricing for 4th time in US