Sindhudurg to be linked with Hyderabad, Mysuru by 2 flights a week - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 30, 2023
Presently, Sindhudurg Airport at Chipi, which started commercial operations in October 2021, has five flights a week to Mumbai operated by Alliance Air, said a spokesperson for IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd, which developed the airport.
The new flight will depart Hyderabad on Wednesdays and Sunday to fly via Mysuru to Sindhudurg at 5.30 p.m., and take off on its return journey on the same sector at 6 p.m.
The greenfield Sindhudurg Airport was the first national airport to be constructed in Maharashtra's south Konkan region and can handle 200 passengers simultaneously in the arrival and departure areas during peak hours, which can be augmented to 400 passengers, for domestic or private flights.
It has a 2,500 metre long runway with provisions to extend to 3,400 metre in future as required, a 220 metre long taxiway, independent fuel supply systems, night-landing facilities, various other passenger, aviation and administration related amenities and security setup, plus facility to park 3 aircrafts of 4C category.
- Sebi 'fully equipped', could set up a panel of experts, Centre to SC on Adani issue
- Essar Oil & Gas Exploration & Production achieves highest ever revenue and EBIDTA
- Renault Nissan to invest $600 million, launch six new models (Lead)
- Inflation-linked road toll rate hike to be modest in FY24: ICRA
- Homegrown EV mobility solutions provider Magenta Mobility raises $40 mn
- Researcher says PokerBaazi exposed users' information, platform denies data breach (Lead)
- Piyush Goyal directs FCI to open more procurement centres in UP
- IIT-K unveils breakthrough in coal/mineral transportation
- Mumbai airport records surge in passenger movement, traffic up by 149% in Jan
- Tesla adjusts its EV pricing for 4th time in US