'Service Week' by Maha Cong to mark Rahul's 50th birthday
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
The 'Seva Saptah' will see office-bearers and workers carrying out various welfare activities to ease the lives of the poor and migrants hit by the Coronavirus pandemic, said Maharashtra Youth Congress (MYC) President Satyajeet Tambe.
The highlight would be distribution of 'Nyay kits' to thousands of people in the unorganized sector like labourers in the construction and farm sectors, containing foodgrains, masks, sanitisers, medication, etc.
The MYC party activists will help the unemployed migrants who have shifted from urban to rural areas to get MGNREGS job cards and employment opportunities, organize blood donation camps, tree plantation drives, and other welfare activities, he added.
"Corona Warriors like doctors, nurses, paramedics, sanitation workers, police, essential supplies staffers and government employees shall be felicitated as a mark of gratitude," Tambe said.
The 'Seva Saptah' shall be implemented from villages and city wards to assembly levels across the state, covering the maximum number of needy people.
On the occasion of Congress MP Rahul Gandhi's 50th birthday, the Indian Youth Congress (IYC) activists shall also distribute 50 lakh 'Nyay kits' to displaced migrants all over the country.
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case
- Leopard that attacked 3 in Ghaziabad court captured (Ld)
- SC removes reference to Sikkimese-Nepalese as 'persons of foreign origin' in its verdict