Scheduled power cuts in Kiev, 3 other regions from today - Kiev News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
In a social media post on Sunday, DTEK, the largest energy company in Ukraine, said: "From December 5, we are returning to scheduled power outages. However, the situation with the energy system remains dire.
"For this reason, we kindly ask everyone to treat the possible deviations from the schedule that might occur in order to stabilise the energy system with understanding. We are doimg everything in our power to make sure that those happen as little as possible."
The development comes as millions of Ukrainians have been experiencing power cuts after repeated Russian strikes on the country's critical energy infrastructure.
According to President Volodymyr Zelenksy, about 6 million households across the war-torn nation are without electricity as of December 1.
The latest large-scale Russian missile attack on November 23 resulted in temporary power outages at all nuclear power plants and most thermal and hydroelectric power plants, while power transmission facilities were also damaged.
Due to the widespread power outage, water and heat supply to households was also interrupted.
- Asif Ali Zardari sends Rs 10 bn legal notice to Imran Khan
- Phoebe Dynevor exits 'Bridgerton' season 3
- UAE Prez's Islamabad visit cancelled due to bad weather
- Imran to contest all 33 seats of National Assembly
- TTP claims responsibility for Peshawar mosque attack, toll rises to 32 (4th Ld)
- 28 killed, 150 injured in blast at Peshawar mosque (3rd Ld)
- 8 people shot dead at birthday party in S.Africa
- 19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr
- Laos Parliament approves cabinet reshuffle
- 17 dead in Peshawar mosque blast (2nd Ld)