Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 may feature 'droplet' style hinge - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 16, 2023
According to tipster Ice Universe, the tech giant internally refers to the design as a "dumbbell" hinge, reports 9To5Google.
This would not be the first time that the company has updated its design. For instance, the Galaxy Z Fold 2 offered special brushes for dust protection over the original Z Flip and the Galaxy Z Fold 4 also has a new hinge design employed.
The tipster also claimed that the new Z Fold 5 is expected to feature water resistance even with the new hinge.
The company is expected to release the Galaxy Z Fold 5 in August this year, the report said.
Meanwhile, last week, Samsung had officially confirmed the launch date of its upcoming Galaxy S23 series on February 1 at its Unpacked event.
This will be the first in-person event after the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in early 2020. It will also be live-streamed on the tech giant's official website.
- IIT Kanpur to launch haptic smartwatch for blind, visually impaired
- Smartphone app may help spot stroke symptoms as they occur
- Researchers develop device to detect brain tumour through urine
- Apple may launch 'HomePod mini 2' in 2024
- YouTube releases 'Go Live Together' for creators to co-stream on phone
- Twitter expands Blue service to 6 more countries
- Google to host event about AI on Feb 8
- Apple, Google urged to remove TikTok from app stores by US Senator
- WhatsApp may soon let users pin messages within chats, group
- Car-sharing firm Getaround lays off 10% of workforce