Salman Rushdie stabbed onstage at NY event, flown to hospital (2nd Ld) - New York News
by IANS | Updated Aug 12, 2022
He was flown to a hospital after purportedly being stabbed in the neck, according to a New York State Police statement, the BBC reported, but there was no update on his health condition.
India-born Rushdie, 75, was speaking at an event of the Chautauqua Institution when a man ran onto the stage and appeared to have punched or stabbed him and his interlocutor, the BBC reported citing eyewitnesses.
According to reports, amid gasps of horror from the audience, a few people ran onstage and managed to restrain the assailant, while others rushed to the aid of the author who had collapsed on the stage.
The assailant has been arrested.
"A State Trooper assigned to the event immediately took the suspect into custody. The Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office assisted at the scene," the police said.
August 12, 2022 Other New York
- Rushdie stabbed in New York state at event on asylum for writers (3rd Ld)
- Salman Rushdie attacked onstage at NY event, condition not known (Ld)
- Salman Rushdie attacked on stage at NY event
- Antibodies from monkeys shows promise against Covid variants
- Sandwich, ship or second-stringer Crossword Clue NYT
- Exercise that strengthens the core Crossword Clue NYT
- Turn out to be Crossword Clue NYT
- “Where’s ___?” (children’s book series) Crossword Clue NYT
- “That’s right” Crossword Clue NYT
- Gush forth Crossword Clue NYT
- Bone in the arm Crossword Clue NYT
- In the worst way Crossword Clue NYT
- Like the figures in most Greek statues Crossword Clue NYT
- BTS’s genre Crossword Clue NYT
- System Requirements
- Optical Illusion
- Crossword Clue
- Net Worth
- Brain Teaser