Saiyami Kher turns to her Marathi roots for her 'Faadu' role - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
Saiyami is the granddaughter of famous veteran actress Usha Kiran, who hailed from a Marathi-speaking family.
Directed by Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, 'Faadu- A Love Story' is about the challenges and confusions of modern life.
Talking about the same, the actress said: "I remember after Ashwiny ma'am (Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, the director) saw my auditions, our first meeting was on zoom when I was sitting at my farm. Ashwiny ma'am said this is exactly who Manjari is. I see her in you. My character in 'Faadu' is someone who has grown up in the lap of nature, finds poetry in everything. This is very close to who I am in real life. I play a Maharashtrian and because Marathi is my mother tongue, adding my flavour to the character wasn't so tough."
The actress expressed gratitude towards the director for giving her a chance to play such a character, the one which she considers as one of her "favourites".
"I'm truly grateful to Ashwiny ma'am because she believed in me from the word go and kept backing me on this one. She has given me one of my most favourite charters. I'm so glad I got to work with Pavail. I loved him in 'Thappad'. And working with him made my life simpler because he's such a giving costar. 'Faadu' has taught me a lot. It is up there in my most special projects yet," Saiyami added.
The web-series, which is written by Saumya Joshi, also stars Pavail Gulati and will stream soon on Sony LIV on December 9.
- Kiara-Sid to reach Jaisalmer on Feb 5, families to arrive on Saturday
- Kiara, Sidharth to take 'saaat phere' at Jaisalmer's Suryagarh Palace
- Thalapathy Vijay's film No. 67 finally gets a name - 'LEO'
- Dino Morea showcases his football skills in Instagram Reel
- Aisha Ahmed recollects how people in Chandni Chowk thought Akshay Kumar is arriving to shoot 'Minus One: New Chapter'
- Shania Twain drops new album 'Queen of Me'
- Gippy Grewal's Punjabi film 'Honeymoon' completes 100 days in cinemas
- Paulo Coelho calls Shah Rukh 'king', 'legend'; SRK replies
- 'Pathaan' crosses Rs 700 crore worldwide in 9 days
- 'Tere Pyaar Mein' from Ranbir-Shraddha's 'Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar' was shot across 8 Spanish locations